Friday 27 February 2015

Ode to Bic! By Rion

Pen!
IMG_20150225_144350.jpg
You have failed me!
Your ink is dry in the tube!   
Your ball does not work!        
Your unfaithful brand,
that mocks me with its foul name,
that of a villain;
BIC, the traitorous one?
It lies to me when it says
‘made in New Zealand ‘,      
A country with a more faithful brand,
That of Officemax.
In reality, you are made in China,
a country with a lying brand of pens.
You have lied to me,
and I must pronounce your death!
I will snap you in half,
and then shatter you
then your broken
body will meet
the rubbish bin,
the rubbish bag,
the rubbish truck,
the rubbish plant,
and then,
and only then,
you will meet your fate in the incinerator.
And I,
will go and buy a faithful Officemax pen.
That will not prove a traitor to my page,
and I will
carry on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment